After months of work a new stable release of the Creality CR-6 Community Firmware is here! Release 6 is titled the “Tune it, love it” release, due to the many more controls available to improve and maintain print quality. This includes various calibration methods, like e-step and PID tuning from the touch screen, manual bed leveling, and motion settings.
Running my second Creality CR-6 SE, with BTT SKR CR-6 motherboard
Check out the release on the Github page which explains a lot. Earlier I wrote some hopefully helpful blog posts regarding the Community Firmware:
- Creality CR-6 Community Firmware: Start a print without drooping filament on the build plate while homing
- Audible notification at the end of your print with the Creality CR-6 SE
- Remaining time display on the Creality CR-6
- How-to: Filament change with the CR-6 and Community Firmware release 5
- How-to: Compiling the CR-6 Community Firmware (Marlin) with Visual Studio Code and Platform.io
Several screens showcasing the new features
The Community Firmware has also been featured on several YouTube channels, including, but not limited to:
- The Edge of Tech (how-to)
- The Real Sam Prentice (livestream)
- Tripods Garage (livestream)
- Tom’s Man Shed (how-to)
Download it from Github and enjoy!